Broken Sea Glass

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Against the grain

Wow, what a crazy past couple of days all yeh all, I am having a really fun time hanging out with people. Actually feel like I have a life here because people are talking to me and I am not even in school, haha. No, I am just messing, I have a plenty good life, social and alive, for a Sarah that is. HAving fun, went to church and met up with some people I met last time I went to kansas. Met Shadow, Chris's kick butt dog. Psh, the weather isn't half bad, people made it out to me that I was going to freeze, psh, PANZIES!!!! I go around with no coat most of the time and chill all the while. It's not like I am standing outside, ready to be frozen to pieces eh, sticking my prelicked finger in the air, ready in full for a good and chilly breeze to test. Haha, I am such a sarcastic mofo. Lol, allways wanted to use that term, doesn't seem like it fits me. Oh, and these eh's I have been saying, I need to stop because it is interupting my speech pattern, I have probably said it like 5 times today. So not cool. Well, I did have a dream amidst the dark and shadowless room they call Erics. But I do not remember it really. I remember I had my drivers licence for like three months or so, as I keep telling the story the amount of months change so don't nag and say I said blabla bla. Well, for that whole time period, however long it was, I never once put my vehicle in park. Isn't that crazy? Actually, come to think of it, I don't believe I actually shift gears or even messed with anything that wasn't the wheel and the gas. Nuts huh? I guess driving is just stuck in this mind of mind. haha. Well, I am in a writers mood, getting a good feel of the keys and the palms of my heating hands or rested so burdenlessly. You know what? I think burden in the word of the day, used several times by many. Hmm, ok, so let me see what comes out of these tired fingers of mine eh? Er... scratch the eh and we will be all good my homie gees, haha. In the last five minutes I tried to speak of happy things through my writing, but only death stared at my face. I would have to blame that one this little girl I met today names Jazmine, and her brother as well. Let me try again and see how that goes.
Standing at my post, a corner with a heavy coast everywhere but in the direction ment to be, my eyes grew tired with my constant wandering. After a few minutes of this and that, these and those, I was brought to a woman with tired eyes and old raggety clothes. A heart like mine should be in every soul, because through her eyes I saw a homeless grandma, lost from the life of being her grandchilds hero. My head coasted down, feeling a fool as I thought of helping a woman who seems to be at her last waking moments in sanity. But with a second guess of knowing what my life should show, I stood taller then the clouds, but didn't my pride go higher then the heavens. 'Come with me, I will give you good nights rest in my shoes,' I said to the woman as she looked sheepishly. 'Now why would you say such foolishness child? There is no room for rags in you mansion,' the woman had declined my offer, and I was so suprised I could have been knocked off my feet. But with my will, I had to have my thoughts be cleared with her in a warm home then a hole in the ground with scum. So with a smile on my face I looked straight into the grandmothers eyes and said, 'What kind of a person would I be and let you freeze yourself while I have a warm room for you at my place. Come, and if you still don't want to stay the night after a warm dinner and a look and feel of the guest bed, then you are more then welcome to leave. You are no prisoner at my home, but a welcome guest.' The womans jaw dropped slightly, but soon closed it realizing I ment only good for her. A small nod and no smile and she fallowed me against the coast of the breeze and the people. Finally reaching my home, I let her in with a warm breeze greeting her. All I could of asked for was the smile that grew on her weary face. All I could ask for was that little bit, nothing else mattered as a payment for me then just that poor and hopeless grandmother feeling like she finally was accepted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home