Broken Sea Glass

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Fountainhill

Ok, so Liz got me a job with her over the weekend working up in Fountainhill, thats the rich, snob country club goer Town. It was all old and retired folk basically, with their sweaters tied aroudn their shoulders, or really high on their waste. They have strollers for their poodles, and mostly single coloures outfits. Kackies are a big thing there, with tan belts and hawaiian shirts. Umbrellas here and there, and dogs tought to prance around with their heads up high. Everyone got along, but their were those complainers, grr them. I ran the drinks:lemonade, pink lemonade, soda; but some people would complain that their bottled drinks wern't cold enough, but they didn't even open them to taste it. Mine didn't feel cold either, but then I opened it up and drank it it sure was cold. Then come elderly woman, sweet looking with thei wide hats to shade their eyes, needed their bottles opened for them. Brittle bones I suppose. I had to touch raw chicken and beef, all I could think of was selimenela(sp?) was all over my pants and arms. For the last two hours this though kept running through my mind and I was trippin out. Well, both today and yesterday I ran an eight hour shift, one fifteen minute break. Today I got paid 80 dollars, five an hour I suppose, plus an extra ten because Liz got paid thirty more then me and I guess she felt bad so she gave me ten. Sure, I felt jipped and in pain from all my lifting and carrying of crates. I was getting annoyed and the boss lady got me in trouble several times with neighboring booths. I was in a taiwanese booth, three grillz to the left, two to the right, so I was pretty well heated up. I wish it was cold, because I had to keep whipeing my forehead with my wrist to keep the sweat out of my eyes. I have always said I would never work in a fast food restruant, now this fullfills my decision. Just two days and I am already sick of egg rolls, chicken on a stick, stir fry, and some sort of rice stuff. I am hurting all over and my butt had missed the comfurts of a chair all day. Well, now that I have updated I am going to complete my homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home